Red, White and Blue Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. cake flour|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 c. plus 2 1/2 tsp heavy whipping cream, divided|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tsp. almond extract|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee dried blueberries|
|¼ c. chopped Hy-Vee dried cherries|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee sliced almonds|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Whip 1 cup cream until stiff. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add granulated sugar and almond extract. Beat again.
- Add flour mixture gradually to cream mixture. Beat well after each addition. Gently fold in blueberries and cherries.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Stir together remaining 2 1/2 tsp whipping cream and powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of cake. Serve.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%