Raspberry Truffle Brownies
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||butter or margarine|
|3 c.||semisweet chocolate chips, divided|
|¾ c.||brown sugar|
|1 tsp.||instant coffee crystals|
|½ tsp.||baking powder|
|1||(8 oz) container cream cheese, softened|
|¼ c.||powdered sugar|
|⅓ c.||seedless red raspberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips over low heat. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in water. Stir into egg mixture. Beat in chocolate.
- Combine baking powder and flour. Stir into chocolate mixture. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and jam. Fold in melted chocolate. Spread on cooled brownies.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with shortening. Stir well and drizzle over brownies. Refrigerate before cutting.