Soup, Chili & Stew
Tofu and eggs are a good protein combo for a meatless dinner.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(16-oz) pkg. extra-firm tofu, cut into 3/4-in cubes|
|¼ c.||plus 1 tbsp sesame oil, divided|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee light-sodium soy sauce|
|2 tbsp.||chili garlic sauce, divided|
|¼ c.||green onions, chopped|
|4 clove(s)||garlic, divided|
|3||(14.5-oz) cans Hy-Vee 33%-reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 ¾ c.||water|
|1 oz.||fresh ginger|
|2||(3-oz) pkg. instant ramen noodles|
|4 bunch(es)||baby bok choy, quartered|
|1 c.||shredded carrots|
|2||Hy-Vee large pasteurized eggs, soft-boiled, peeled and halved|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
|Cilantro leaves, for garnish|
|Sesame seeds, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Large resealable plastic bag
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- Large nonstick skillet
- Slotted spoon
- Aluminum foil
- Paper towels
- Place tofu in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1/4 cup sesame oil, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, green onions, and 2 cloves garlic, minced, to resealable plastic bag; seal. Turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Drain tofu; discard marinade. Cook and stir tofu in hot oil until lightly crisp.
- Combine broth; water; ginger; remaining garlic, crushed; and remaining 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce in a large saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove ginger and garlic; discard. Add ramen noodles to saucepan; reserve seasoning for another use. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain noodles over a large bowl to reserve cooking liquid.
- Cook bok choy in a small amount of water in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer bok choy to a platter using a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- Divide noodles among four serving bowls. Add tofu, bok choy, carrots, egg halves and radishes. Add cooking liquid to each bowl. If desired, garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
490 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 1760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 31g
Vitamin A 810%
Vitamin C 640%
August Seasons 2017.