Quinoa and Black Beans
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|3 clove(s) garlic, peeled and chopped|
|¾ c. uncooked quinoa|
|1 ½ c. reduced-sodium vegetable broth|
|1 tbsp. ground cumin|
|1 tsp. cayenne pepper|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|1 c. frozen corn kernels|
|3 c. cooked black beans|
|2 tbsp. dried cilantro|
|1 c. shredded 2%-milk cheese|
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic and saute until lightly browned. Mix in quinoa and broth. Season with cumin, cayenne, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn and continue to simmer 5 minutes more.
- Mix in black beans and continue to simmer until heated through.
- Top with cilantro and shredded cheddar. Stir to combine.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 16g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 6%
adapted from www.allrecipes.com.