Quick Apple Butter
With only four ingredients, this luscious apple spread is too simple not to make (especially as an easy DIY gift). Spread it on toast, English muffins, pancakes, sandwiches, and just about anything.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 lbs.||Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 9 apples)|
|¾ c.||apple cider|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
Things To Grab
- Large straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven
- Food processor or blender
- Airtight container for storage
- In a large straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven, cook apples and cider over medium heat, until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, process the apples until nearly smooth, with a few chunks remaining.
- In the same skillet, combine pureed apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until apple mixture is thick and glossy, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer apple butter to jar or airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 months.
25 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2015.