Pumpkin Flax Bread
Packed with ground flax seeds, apple sauce, whole wheat flour, spices, and pumpkin, add this easy homemade bread makes delectable breakfast toast, especially when spread with cinnamon sugar butter.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp. ground flax seed|
|6 tbsp. water|
|1 c. Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed|
|1 c. Hy-Vee canned pumpkin puree|
|½ c. Hy-Vee natural applesauce|
|1 ⅓ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¾ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice|
|½ c. Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
Things To Grab
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- 9-by-5-inch loaf pan
- 2 medium bowls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flax and water. Stir in brown sugar, pumpkin and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and pecan pieces. Stir into pumpkin mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Healthy Living Recipes Cookbook.