Pulled Pork Pot Pie
Servings and Ingredients
|1||to 1 1/2 lbs cooked pulled pork|
|1 c.||butternut squash, diced|
|1 c.||apple, diced|
|1 c.||green onion, coarsely chopped|
|2 tbsp.||fresh sage, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp.||fresh rosemary, finely chopped|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee beef broth|
|1||(15-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee refrigerated pie crust|
Things To Grab
- Large saucepan
- Pie plate
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Sharp knife
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine cooked pulled pork, diced butternut squash, apple, green onions, sage and rosemary. Add flour and stir to coat mixture. Add beef broth and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place one pie shell into greased pie plate pushing dough evenly around the bottom of the dish allowing the edges to fold over the top.
- Add prepared pork mixture to prepared pie plate to evenly fill the dish. Cover with second pie shell crimping the edges of the two pie shells together with your thumb and forefinger or a fork. Carefully slit top shell with sharp knife.
- Bake 40 to 50 mins or until crust is brown and pie is bubbly. Cover with foil if crust browns too quickly.
- Allow pie to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.