Prosciutto Breakfast Bruschetta
If you like bacon, there's a pretty good chance you'll love Prosciutto. It's an Italian cured ham typically served thinly sliced. And it just might be your new favorite way to start the day.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||(3/4-inch each) slices French bread|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|4||(1/3-inch each) slices fresh mozzarella|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee white vinegar|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|8||thin tomato slices|
|8||thin slices La Quercia prosciutto|
|8||fresh basil leaves|
|Freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat broiler. Brush each side of bread with olive oil, and toast the bread. Reduce the heat and place a slice of mozzarella on each slice of bread. Place bread in a pie pan and tent with foil.
- In a large skillet bring 2 to 3 inches of water to a boil. Add vinegar and 1/4 teapsoon salt; reduce heat to low.
- Break 1 egg at a time into water, being careful not to break the yolk. Cook 5 minutes or until whites set and a thin translucent film forms over the yolk. (For a firmer yolk, cook an additional minute).
- Use a slotted spoon to lift eggs out of water and place on paper towel to drain. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Place a slice of French bread on each plate and top with 2 slices tomato, poached egg, prosciutto, basil, pepper and salt
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 250mg
- Sodium: 1050mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 24g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2010.