Praline Pecan Crunch Snack Mix
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(16 oz) pkg Quaker Squares cinnamon-flavor oatmeal cereal (8 cups)|
|1 c.||coarsely chopped pecans|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee dried cherries or dried cranberries|
|⅓ c.||brown sugar|
|⅓ c.||light corn syrup|
|½ tsp.||baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cereal, pecans and dried fruit in 9-by-13-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and margarine. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again on HIGH for 30 seconds, or until boiling.
- Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture. Pour over cereal. Stir to coat cereal evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered.