Pot Roast with Thyme
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (2-1/2 lb) Hy-Vee Angus Reserve boneless beef arm roast|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|1 (14.5 oz) can Hy-Vee reduced-sodium beef broth|
|1 medium onion, cut into wedges|
|6 large sprigs fresh thyme|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee pepper|
|½ (16 oz) pkg Grimmway Farms baby carrots|
|1 (1.5 lb) pkg Hy-Vee Smart Bite baby blonde potatoes, halved|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
Things To Grab
- Sprinkle beef roast with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Brown roast on all sides.
- Combine beef broth, onion, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a slow cooker. Add browned roast, carrots and potatoes. Scrape browned bits from skillet into slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Strain pan juices and discard solids. Skim off fat and discard.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk in 2 cups reserved pan juices. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with roast and vegetables.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 34g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee weekly ad.