Planked Alaska Salmon with Sunny Chipotle Rub
Servings and Ingredients
|2 to 3 tbsp white vinegar|
|1 ½ lbs. Alaska Salmon fillets or steaks|
|2 tbsp. packed brown sugar|
|2 tbsp. fresh chopped garlic|
|1 tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles*|
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle vinegar onto Alaska Salmon (1 teaspoon per individual portion or 2 tablespoons per salmon side). Blend remaining ingredients.
- Pat wood plank with paper towels and spray-coat or lightly oil one side. Lay salmon on coated side of plank; spread 1 to 2 teaspoons rub mixture onto each salmon portion (not skin) or apply all of the rub to salmon side. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill salmon using indirect heat (not directly over heat) in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.
- *Canned chiles in adobo sauce. Remove seeds, if desired, to reduce heat.
- Chef's Tip: This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, bake at 400 degrees (6 to 7 inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.