These tropical bars feature a chewy, gooey pineapple-and-coconut filling baked inside a crisp macadamia nut crust.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||ground unsalted macadamia nuts|
|¾ c.||plus 1/3 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|⅔ c.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar, divided|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, cold, sliced|
|1||(8 oz) can Hy-Vee pineapple tidbits, drained|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee shredded sweetened coconut, divided|
|¼ tsp.||kosher salt|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|Red maraschino cherries, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside.
- Spread macadamia nuts out on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pineapple and 1 cup shredded coconut in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar and salt. Stir to coat. Combine eggs, lime juice and vanilla; add to pineapple mixture.
- Spread pineapple filling over hot crust and top with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until coconut turns golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- If desired, garnish each bar with a maraschino cherry. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.