Perfect for topping salads, these cauliflower pickles will add a punch of flavor with a side of spiciness.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee apple cider vinegar|
|1 c. water|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 c. cauliflower florets|
|½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee black peppercorns|
|¼ tsp. coriander seeds|
|¼ tsp. mustard seeds|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee crushed red pepper|
Things To Grab
- Small saucepan
- two pint-size glass mason jars
- Combine apple cider vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar; keep hot.
- Divide evenly 2 cups cauliflower florets and red and yellow bell pepper into two pint jars.
- Add black peppercorns, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and crushed red pepper to each jar. Fill jars with hot brine; stir gently. Discard any leftover brine. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve within 2 weeks.
20 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 730mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 60%
August Seasons 2017.