For a special dinner or just because you want to try something new and different, this stuffed chicken dish is one to be proud of. If you don't have white wine for the sauce, chicken or vegetable broth will do.
Servings and Ingredients
|6||(4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|6 slice(s)||La Quercia prosciutto|
|6 slice(s)||Hy-Vee provolone|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee panko breadcrumbs|
|½ tsp.||fresh thyme|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, for dredging|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|¼ c.||dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc|
|3 c.||sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 c.||heavy whipping cream|
|1 sprig(s)||fresh rosemary|
|1 c.||thinly sliced spinach leaves|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|Fresh rosemary and thyme, for garnish|
- Place chicken breast between two layers of plastic wrap and using a mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken to 1/3-inch-thick. Place 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 slice of provolone on each chicken breast. Roll tightly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine pecans, breadcrumbs, thyme and salt to make a fine mixture; place in a wide, shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in another wide, shallow bowl. Place flour in a third wide, shallow bowl.
- Carefully dredge the rolled chicken breast in flour and shake off excess. Dip the dredged chicken into the egg, then press into the pecan-breadcrumb mixture.
- Working in 2 batches, heat half the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning the chicken, until golden-brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining olive oil and chicken. Place chicken on baking sheet in a 350-degree oven to finish cooking, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove pan from heat and carefully pour in wine. Stir to loosen cooked-on bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream and rosemary sprig and gently simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove rosemary sprig and stir in spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place chicken breast on plate and spoon sauce around chicken. Garnish with fresh rosemary and thyme.
550 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 39g
- Cholesterol: 165mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 37g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2010.