Patriotic Berry Trifle
With the red of strawberries, the white of whipped topping and the blue of blueberries, create a trifle dessert that celebrates the American flag. Show it off in a 3-quart straight-sided glass dish.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(3.4-oz.) pkg Hy-Vee instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1||(6-oz.) container Hy-Vee lemon yogurt|
|4 c.||Hy-Vee frozen whipped topping, thawed|
|½ c.||strawberry jam|
|6 c.||Hy-Vee Bakery angel food cake, cubed|
|4 c.||fresh strawberries, sliced|
|1 c.||fresh blueberries|
Things To Grab
- Medium bowl
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- 3-quart serving bowl
- Plastic wrap
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in yogurt. Fold in whipped dessert topping; set aside.
- Place jam in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cook on HIGH for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Place 1 1/2 cups strawberries in a 3-quart serving bowl. Spoon 2 cups pudding mixture on top. Add 4 cups angel food cake, spreading evenly. Drizzle with half of the jam. Repeat layers of strawberries and pudding mixture. Top with remaining angel food cake. Drizzle remaining jam over cake and top cake with remaining strawberries. Add blueberries along side of dish to fill open area. Spoon remaining pudding mixture on top.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours before serving.
210 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 60%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.