Pan-Seared Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tsp. chili powder|
|1 tsp. cumin|
|½ tsp. brown sugar|
|2 (5 oz each) salmon filets|
|⅓ c. plain Greek yogurt|
|Zest and juice of half a lemon|
|½ tbsp. diced shallot|
|½ tsp. horseradish|
|¼ tsp. sliced fresh dill|
|¼ tsp. garlic salt|
|1 dozen Brussels sprouts, trimmed and outer leaves removed|
|¼ c. sliced radicchio|
|Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon|
|Zest and juice of 1/2 orange|
|½ shallot, diced|
|¼ c. olive oil|
|¼ c. shredded Pecorino Romano cheese|
- To prepare salmon, mix chili powder, cumin and brown sugar in a small bowl. Rub evenly onto each salmon filet.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon in skillet skin side down. Flip after 3 minutes. Continue cooking until salmon reaches 155 degrees.
- To make dill sauce, place yogurt in a small bowl. Stir in zest and juice of half a lemon. Fold in diced shallot, horseradish, fresh dill and garlic salt.
- Serve a tablespoon on top of each hot salmon fillet.
- To prepare Brussels sprouts, slice Brussels sprout thinly and toss with radicchio in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon and zest and juice of 1/2 an orange. Stir in diced shallot. Whisk in olive oil and pour over Brussels sprouts mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.