Oven-Roasted Turkey Breasts
Because you don't always want to fuss with the whole bird.
Servings and Ingredients
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|8 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp.||fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||fresh oregano, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||fresh sage, chopped|
|2 tsp.||lemon zest|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee kosher salt|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|2||(6 1/2- to 7-pound) whole bone-in turkey breasts, thawed if frozen|
Things To Grab
- Small bowl
- Paper towels
- Shallow roasting pan
- Oven-safe meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For herb rub, combine olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, sage, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pat turkey breasts dry with paper towels. Place, skin sides up, in a shallow roasting pan. Gently apply herb rub.
- Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of a breast. The thermometer should not touch bone. Cover turkey loosely with foil.
- Roast for 2 hours. Remove foil. Roast for 30 to 60 minutes more or until thermometer registers 165 degrees.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board. Tent turkey loosely with foil and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Cut each turkey breast into slices. If desired, divide into portion sizes and place in resealable freezer bags. Seal and freeze for up to 1 month.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 52g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2016.