Our Best Banana Bread
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. margarine, softened|
|½ c. butter, softened|
|1 c. sugar|
|1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla|
|3 large or 3-1/2 small very ripe bananas, mashed|
|2 c. rice flour or gluten-free baking mix|
|2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder|
|1 c. finely chopped or ground pecans|
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and butter with sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
- Combine flour mixture with banana mixture until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in pecans. Turn batter into a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not underbake.
- Toasts very well when finely ground pecans are used in batter.
190 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 2%