Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
Servings and Ingredients
|3 lbs.||baking potatoes (about 9 medium potatoes), cut into 2-inch pieces|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee pepper|
|1||(12 ounce) jar Hy-Vee turkey gravy|
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher until almost smooth. Pour milk into potatoes and mash to incorporate.
- Add butter, salt and pepper. Mash until just incorporated.
- Warm gravy according to the package directions. Ladle warm gravy over mashed potatoes to serve.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 40%