Nutty Goat Cheese and Apple Ring Salad
Creamy and tangy walnut-encrusted goat cheese and crisp Granny Smith apple, dressed with a white balsamic vinaigrette, make a winning combo.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp. aged white balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|Hy-Vee kosher salt and Hy-Vee ground black pepper, to taste|
|½ c. Hy-Vee walnuts|
|4 oz. log goat cheese (chevre), sliced into 4 pieces|
|4 medium Granny Smith apples|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|1 bunch(es) Belgian endive|
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, toast the walnuts until golden. Cool. In a food processor, pulse walnuts until coarsely chopped.
- Form pieces of goat cheese into 2-1/2-inch round patties. Coat cheese rounds with cooled walnuts, pressing walnuts into cheese if necessary.
- Core apples. Using a sharp knife, slice apples crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- To serve, stack apple slices on plate with endive and drizzle with prepared dressing. Top with cranberries and serve with walnut-covered goat cheese rounds.
450 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.