Mango-Macadamia Nut Bread
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|3 large Hy-Vee eggs, beaten|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee canola oil|
|2 tbsp. cream of coconut or Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger|
|2 c. finely chopped ripe mango (from 2 mangos)|
|⅓ c. finely chopped toasted Hy-Vee macadamia nuts|
|Coconut-Macadamia Topping, recipe follows|
|Honey-Lemon Cheese Spread, recipe follows|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-by-4-by-2-inch loaf pans; set aside. Prepare Coconut-Macadamia Topping; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, oil, cream of coconut and ginger in a medium bowl. Fold in chopped mango. Add all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fold in nuts. Spoon into prepared pans. Sprinkle Coconut-Macadamia Topping over batter in pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Slice each loaf into 8 slices and serve with Honey-Lemon Cheese Spread.
- Coconut-Macadamia Topping: Combine 1/4 cup packed Hy-Vee brown sugar and 2 tablespoons Hy-Vee all-purpose flour. Cut in 2 tablespoons Hy-Vee unsalted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup Hy-Vee flaked coconut and 1/4 cup finely chopped Hy-Vee macadamia nuts.
- Honey-Lemon Cheese Spread: Soften 1 (8-ounce) package Hy-Vee 1/3-less-fat cream cheese and combine with 2 tablespoons Hy-Vee honey and 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2011.