Manchego is a mild and nutty sheep's milk cheese from Spain. Its crosshatched patterns on the rind makes it easy to spot among the other cheeses.
Servings and Ingredients
|½||(17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheet (1 sheet), thawed|
|4 oz.||Manchego cheese, shredded|
|½ c.||coarsely chopped caramelized pecans|
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pastry. Top with pecans. Roll up pastry starting with a short side. Wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the pastry crosswise into 16 (1/2-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
60 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Wine and Cheese Entertaining Guide 2015.