Lower-in-Sodium Sausage Pizza Burgers
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||ground pork|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|½ tsp.||fennel seed|
|4 tbsp.||Contadina pizza sauce, divided|
|4 slice(s)||Hy-Vee mozzarella cheese, divided|
|4||Hy-Vee whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted|
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine ground pork, Italian seasoning and fennel seed. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers for 5 minutes. Turn burgers over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Top each burger with a tablespoon of pizza sauce and a slice of cheese. Cover pan and cook until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place burger in split and toasted bun.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%