Lemon Chicken over Veggie Noodles
Citrus is an easy way to boost flavor and brighten any dish without adding calories or salt. Use a microplane to make zesting a breeze!
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1/2-inch thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|1 tsp.||lemon zest|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|4 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|3 tbsp.||finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee paprika|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried oregano|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2||medium summer squash|
|Lemon wedges, for serving|
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon parsley, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Add marinade to chicken in bag; seal bag. Turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, use a spiralizer, mandoline or julienne peeler to slice zucchini, summer squash and carrots lengthwise into long thin noodle-like strands. Transfer vegetables to a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with wet paper towels and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Place chicken in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, microwave vegetables, covered, on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through. Stir remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons parsley into vegetables.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts into strips and serve over vegetables with lemon wedges.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 33g
Vitamin A 120%
Vitamin C 70%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2016.