Lemon and Garlic Pasta
Move over spaghetti night, this quick lemony pasta is easy enough for a weeknight meal, but nice enough for a dinner party.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs. linguine|
|¼ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|¼ c. heavy cream|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|Hy-Vee salt, optional|
|Hy-Vee cracked black pepper, optional|
|½ c. chopped fresh basil|
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, zest and juice lemons; set aside.
- When cooked, drain pasta, reserving 1-1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water. Return pot to stovetop and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic.
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic until fragrant. Add remaining olive oil, cream, lemon zest and 1 cup of reserved pasta water and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pasta, cheese and 1/4 cup lemon juice, tossing to combine. Add more pasta water and lemon juice, if desired. Season with salt and cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Divide into six portions and sprinkle with basil before serving.
490 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 58g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2012, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of January 14, 2015.