Lavender and Lime S'mores
Build these sweetly sour treats using lavender shortbread cookies, large marshmallows and lime curd with plenty of zing.
Servings and Ingredients
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|1 tsp.||dried lavender blossoms|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|5 tbsp.||lime curd, divided|
|15||Hy-Vee large marshmallows|
- For cookies, stir together flour, cornstarch, lavender, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks until combined. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Form dough into a ball, kneading until smooth (mixture may appear crumbly at first, but it will come together as you work with it). Wrap dough in waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a well-floured surface, roll dough 1/8-inch-thick. Cut the dough into 2-inch squares. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- To assemble s'mores, spread half the cookies with 1 teaspoon lime curd each. Top each with one large marshmallow. Use a hand-held torch to toast the marshmallows. (Or place cookie stacks on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat for 30 to 60 seconds.) Top with another cookie.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.