This clever recipe makes 16 lasagna roll-ups and shows you how to bake some tonight and freeze some for later.
Servings and Ingredients
|6||whole wheat lasagna sheets|
|1 c.||cooked ground chicken, lean ground beef or turkey|
|1 c.||low-fat cottage cheese, blended in a blender or food processor until smooth|
|1 c.||frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|½ c.||Parmesan, divided|
|½ tsp.||garlic powder|
|½ tsp.||Italian seasoning|
|1 jar(s)||spaghetti sauce|
|1 c.||mozzarella, optional|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together meat, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan and spices.
- When noodles are cooked, drain in a colander and lay on a kitchen towel to dry. Start assembling lasagna roll ups by spreading 1/6 of the meat mixture over each individual lasagna noodle.
- Roll noodle and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the noodles and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on the top. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly before serving.
228 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 20g
adapted from dashingdish.com.