Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||lean ground beef|
|1 lbs.||Italian sausage|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|2||(28 oz each) cans Hy-Vee peeled whole tomatoes in juice, undrained, tomatoes coarsely chopped|
|1||(6 oz) can Hy-Vee tomato paste|
|3 tsp.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoning, divided|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|1||(15 oz) container Hy-Vee part-skim ricotta cheese|
|6||Hy-Vee lasagna noodles, prepared according to package directions|
|2||(8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese, divided|
- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven. Drain; return to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour or until thickened and tomatoes are very soft.
- Stir together eggs, ricotta cheese, remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread one-third of meat sauce in bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or lasagna pan. Top with half the noodles. Spread half the ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 heaping cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with following layers: one-third meat sauce, remaining noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1 heaping cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 960mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 34g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.