Servings and Ingredients
|1 (2-1/2 lb) trimmed Kansas City strip fillet roast, netted|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh garlic|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee sea salt|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|¼ c. minced shallots|
|1 c. dry red wine|
|¾ c. Ruby Port|
|1 sprig(s) fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp dried)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub roast with oil, garlic, chopped rosemary, salt and black pepper.
- Place on rack and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into center of meat registers 120 degrees, 45 to 50 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a platter along with any pan juices and cool, loosely covered with foil, 15 to 20 minutes.
- For sauce, melt butter in large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and Port. Boil 5 minutes. Add broth and rosemary spring; boil 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1-1/2 cups. Strain sauce and set aside. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- To serve, slice meat thinly and serve with pool of sauce.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 27g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2010.