Soup, Chili & Stew
Jade Green Soup
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c. vegetable broth|
|3 c. water|
|1 ½ c. chopped onions|
|2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|10 oz. chopped broccoli, frozen or fresh|
|5 oz. (1/2 package) frozen spinach, thawed OR 3/4 c. cooked spinach|
|1 (10.5 oz) pkg silken tofu|
|1 tsp. dried tarragon|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|seasoned bread cubes, optional|
- Put vegetable broth and water in a large pot. Add onions, potatoes and broccoli. (If using fresh broccoli, peel the tough lower portions of the stem.)
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Add spinach to soup mixture. Cook for a minute, just to heat through. Puree the soup in batches in a blender and return the pureed soup to the pot.
- Puree silken tofu in blender with about 1/2 cup of soup mixture. When very smooth, stir it back into the pot.
- Add tarragon, salt and pepper and heat through. Serve hot, garnished with seasoned bread cubes, if desired.
86 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.