Italian Style Egg Panini
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||prepared pesto sauce, divided|
|4||large oval slices sourdough bread|
|4||large spinach leaves|
|4 slice(s)||mozzarella cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- In a 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Break and slip each egg into pan. Break yolk. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Turn eggs to cook both sides.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pesto sauce on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice in half.
- On four half-slices of bread with pesto side facing up, layer spinach leaves, a slice of cheese, a cooked egg and a slice of tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with another half-slice of bread, pesto side facing tomato.
- Using remaining pesto, spread 2 teaspoons on outside of each bread slice.
- Heat panini over medium-high heat in nonstick skillet until lightly browned on each side.
600 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 245mg
- Sodium: 1120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 29g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 15%
Iowa Egg Council.