Servings and Ingredients
|1||large onion, grated|
|4 clove(s)||minced garlic, divided|
|pinch(es)||crushed red pepper|
|1 lbs.||ground beef|
|½ lbs.||ground pork|
|1 c.||plus 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, divided|
|¼ c.||finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves|
|1 c.||Italian panko bread crumbs|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1||(24 oz) jar Hy-Vee tomato basil and garlic pasta sauce|
|1||(12 count) pkg dinner rolls, left in tact|
|6 slice(s)||provolone cheese|
|1 c.||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|4 tbsp.||melted unsalted butter|
|2 tbsp.||chopped basil|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the grated onion, salt, two cloves minced garlic, crushed red pepper, ground beef, ground pork, eggs, one cup grated parmesan, chopped parsley, panko bread crumbs and water. Form into 12 equal sized meatballs.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Sear meatballs on one side for about one to two minutes, then flip. Cook for another one to two minutes, then remove the meatballs from the pan and drain any excess fat. Pour the marinara sauce into the pan and place the meatballs in the sauce. Cook for about eight to 10 minutes, flipping the meatballs in the sauce, until the sauce has reduced to a thick consistency. Remove from heat.
- Cut the 4x3 sheet of dinner rolls in half lengthwise. Arrange the bottom half of the rolls into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Place the meatballs evenly with sauce in a 4x3 grid, putting one on each roll. Layer the sliced provolone and shredded mozzarella evenly on top. Cover with the top half of the dinner rolls.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, remaining two cloves minced garlic, chopped basil and remaining two tablespoons parmesan until evenly mixed. Pour the garlic butter mixture over the top of the sliders. Bake for 20 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into individual sandwiches, and serve with remaining pasta sauce.
730 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 1330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 80g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 6%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1