Individual Whole Peach Pies with Chantilly Cream (Get Cooking)
These pastry-wrapped peaches bake in muffin tin cups, so nobody has to fight to get their piece of the pie. And in case you're wondering, Chantilly Cream is simply flavored or sweetened whipped cream.
Servings and Ingredients
|⅓ c. brown sugar|
|2 tbsp. butter, softened|
|½ tsp. apple pie spice|
|1 pkg Hy-Vee refrigerated pie crust|
|4 small to medium very ripe peaches, halved and pitted (small enough to fit in a muffin tin)|
|1 large egg|
|2 tbsp. water|
|4 tsp. sanding or turbinado sugar, divided|
|½ c. heavy whipping cream, chilled|
|1 tbsp. powdered sugar|
|½ tsp. vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat 4 wells of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and apple pie spice; set aside.
- Cut each pie crust in half and roll into 7-inch circles.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of spiced butter into one side of each peach where the pit was. Place the other half on top, so the peach is whole again. Place each peach on the center of each of the dough disks and wrap dough around the peaches.
- The dough does not have to completely enclose the peach if it does not reach the top. If peach is completely enclosed, use a paring knife to cut several slits for air to escape around the top. If peach is not completely enclosed, be sure the sides are supported by the muffin tin, as the halves may separate during baking. Place each pastry wrapped peach so that it just sits in the prepared muffin tin well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush on pastry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sanding or turbinado sugar.
- To make Chantilly Cream, whisk whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until soft and billowy and it holds its shape.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and serve with Chantilly Cream.
540 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 64g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 15%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, August 19, 2016.