Hot White Chocolate
This extra creamy hot drink is moderately sweet and will hit the spot on a chilly afternoon. You can jazz it up by topping it with a marshmallow or stirring in a spoonful of caramel sauce.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. Hy-Vee half-and-half or Hy-Vee whole milk, divided|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee sugar|
|6 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped|
|Additional Hy-Vee half-and-half or Hy-Vee whole milk, optional|
|Caramel sauce or grated nutmeg, optional|
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup half-and-half and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining half-and-half and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Quickly whisk in white chocolate until very smooth. Stir in additional milk to achieve desired consistency.
- To serve, pour into mugs. If desired, stir in a spoonful of caramel sauce or sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
- Candy Cane Cocoa: Stir in 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candy with white chocolate in Step 3.
940 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 57g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 93g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.