Hot Milk Chocolate
For an adult treat, add a bit of brandy or orange liqueur before serving.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. Hy-Vee half-and-half or Hy-Vee whole milk, divided|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee sugar|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|Additional Hy-Vee half-and-half or Hy-Vee whole milk, optional|
|Brandy or orange liqueur, optional|
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup half-and-half and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining half-and-half and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Quickly whisk in chocolate until very smooth. Stir in additional milk to achieve desired consistency.
- To serve, pour into mugs. If desired, add brandy or orange liqueur to taste.
860 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 53g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 101g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.