Servings and Ingredients
|12||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|4 c.||Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|2 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract, divided|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|4 c.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
|1 ½||to 2 c. desired alcohol, optional|
- Separate eggs; set yolks aside. Reserve whites for another use.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thoroughly combined. Pour hot milk mixture into egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Pour back into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until mixture just coats a spoon; do not boil.
- Strain into a large bowl; discard cloves. Stir in half-and-half, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, nutmeg and, if desired, alcohol. Cover and chill overnight.
- Citrus Eggnog: Prepare as directed, except omit cloves and cinnamon. Add 1 teaspoon orange zest with the nutmeg.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 205mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2015.