With a cookie press, you can make a lot—and we mean a lot—of Christmas cookies for the holidays. We even use them to decorate cakes.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|½ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee almond or vanilla extract|
|2 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|Powdered Sugar Glaze/Icing, optional|
|Decorative candies, optional|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and salt until creamy. Add egg and vanilla or almond extract; beat until smooth. Beat in flour.
- Pack dough into a cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until firm but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.
- If desired, brush cookies with glaze, pipe with tinted icing and add decorative candies.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze/Icing: In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups Hy-Vee powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon Hy-Vee vanilla extract and 1 to 2 tablespoons Hy-Vee skim milk or until glaze consistency. Divide glaze in half. Add green food coloring to one portion. Add red food coloring and additional powdered sugar to other portion as needed for piping consistency.
50 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 0g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.