Hoisin Steak Rolls
This restaurant-worthy steak roll is flavored with an Asian-style marinade made with hoisin sauce, honey, fresh ginger and garlic. Hoisin, often referred to as Chinese barbecue sauce, is a thick sauce made with soybean paste, garlic and chiles.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (12 oz) New York strip steak|
|½ c. hoisin sauce|
|2 tbsp. lime juice|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 tsp. kosher salt|
|1 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger|
|1 tsp. sesame oil|
|1 tsp. chile-garlic sauce, such as sriracha|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee crushed red pepper flakes|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|12 wooden toothpicks|
|12 asparagus spears|
|½ red bell pepper|
|½ medium zucchini|
|½ medium summer squash|
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise into 12 thin slices. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For honey-hoisin marinade, in a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, ginger, sesame oil, chile-garlic sauce, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Pour marinade over steak in bag; seal bag. Turn to coat steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Soak toothpicks in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Cut asparagus spears from the top into 2-1/2-inch lengths; reserve bottom of spears for another use. Cut bell pepper, zucchini and summer squash into 2-1/2-inch long matchstick-size pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Drain steak, reserving marinade.
- Gather one of each vegetable; wrap a steak strip around the vegetables and secure with a toothpick. Continue with remaining beef strips.
- Heat reserved marinade in saucepan to boiling.
- Place steak rolls on a lightly greased grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until steak is done, turning once and brushing with marinade.
- To serve, transfer steak rolls to a platter and brush with remaining marinade.
90 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.