This Canadian bacon burger gets topped with chunks of thick pineapple to make it even juicier.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs.||extra-lean ground beef|
|½ c.||hoisin sauce, divided|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|Hy-Vee ground black pepper, to taste|
|6||fresh pineapple slices, 1/4-inch-thick|
|6 slice(s)||Canadian bacon|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee sweet pickle relish|
|6||Hy-Vee cocktail buns|
Things To Grab
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high (400 to 450 degrees). In a large bowl combine ground beef and 1/4 cup of the hoisin sauce; mix well. Divide beef mixture into 6 portions; shape portions into patties 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties and pineapple slices on grill. Grill patties 6 to 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Grill pineapple 4 to 5 minutes per side or until tender. Brush with remaining hoisin sauce over each patty during last minute of grilling.
- Remove pineapple and burger patties from grill. Cover loosely to keep warm; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place Canadian bacon on grill; grill 1 to 1-1/2 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Top bottom half of each bun with burger, Canadian bacon, relish, pineapple and top half of bun.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1040mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 28g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
From the week of December 26, 2013.