Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes|
|1 lbs. ground beef|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 c. chopped celery|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup|
|1 c. milk|
|9 to 12 slices Velveeta cheese|
|1 (3 oz) can French fried onion rings|
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch pan. Cover bottom of pan with hash browns.
- Brown ground beef, onion and celery. Drain. Place on top of hash browns. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over meat. Top with cheese slices.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove pan from oven. Uncover. Top with onion rings.
- Turn the oven off. Return uncovered casserole to oven for 15 minutes more.