Grown Up 3 Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Because you never grow out of a love for mac & cheese. In this grown-up version, distinctive smoky Bruder, sharp Asiago, and smooth Grand Cru Gruyère melt into a full-flavored cheese-lovers dream.
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz. Hy-Vee farfalle bowtie pasta|
|1 ¾ c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|4 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|4 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|3 oz. German Bruder Basil Cheese, chopped pea-size (about 1/2 cup)|
|2 ½ oz. Asiago cheese, shredded|
|5 oz. Grand Cru Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 pinch(es) nutmeg|
|1 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|5 tsp. Hy-Vee breadcrumbs|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat milk in microwave on HIGH for 1-1/2 minutes; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour, stirring with a whisk, and cook for 2 minutes. Add hot milk and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring until thickened. Add German Bruder Basil Cheese and stir to combine. Once smooth, turn off heat. Add Asiago and Gruyere cheeses one at a time, making sure cheese is melted smooth before adding more. Add pepper, salt, nutmeg and sun-dried tomatoes; stir to combine. Toss in cooked pasta.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
540 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2013.