Ground Turkey and Sausage Grinders
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ lbs. ground turkey|
|¼ lbs. ground mild Italian sausage|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|1 green pepper|
|½ small Vidalia onion|
|1 (8 oz) can Hy-Vee tomato sauce|
|6 hoagie buns|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee 2% finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
- Combine ground turkey, Italian sausage and Italian seasoning. Place in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until cooked thoroughly. Stir frequently to crumble the meat.
- Meanwhile, slice green pepper and onion into thin strips. Sauté over medium-high heat until tender.
- Once meat is cooked, add tomato sauce and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Slice hoagies lengthwise, but not all the way through. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Divide meat mixture among the hoagies and then add the peppers and onions. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of hoagies are toasted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 810mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 30%