Grilled Portobella Burgers
The meaty texture and bold taste of marinated portobellas make them a perfect choice for this hearty sandwich. Enjoy with a belgian ale beer or a glass of Sangiovese wine.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||Hy-Vee portobello mushroom caps, cleaned, stems removed|
|¼ c.||plus 8 tsp Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select balsamic vinegar|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee dried oregano|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|8||(3/4-inch-thick) slices Hy-Vee Baking Stone Vienna bread|
|8 slice(s)||Hy-Vee provolone cheese, divided|
|1||avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced, divided|
|1||medium tomato, seeded and sliced 1/4-inch thick, divided|
|1 c.||broccoli sprouts, divided|
|4 tbsp.||pesto, divided|
- Place mushrooms, smooth side up, in a baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning mushrooms every 5 minutes.
- Spray grill grate or grill pan with nonstick grill spray; preheat to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush each side of each bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place bread on grill or grill pan; toast on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and place on grill or in grill pan; cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until tender, brushing with marinade during grilling.
- To assemble each sandwich, place 2 cheese slices on each of 4 slices of bread; top each with a mushroom and one-fourth of the avocado, tomato and sprouts. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each of the remaining 4 slices of bread and place pesto-side-down on top of sandwich.
710 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 50g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 940mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 35%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2013.