Grilled Mexican-Style Corn on the Cob
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. mayonnaise|
|¼ c. sour cream|
|¾ c. finely crumbled cotija cheese, divided|
|1 tsp. ancho chili powder, divided|
|2 tsp. garlic paste|
|¼ c. finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|4 ears corn, shucked|
|1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving|
|Cilantro leaves, for serving|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup cotija cheese, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, garlic paste and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until combined, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill corn, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to bowl with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides with mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cotija cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges and fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Parmesan Pesto with Sundried Tomato Grill corn according to directions above. Roll grilled corn in prepared pesto and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Hoisin Sesame Seed Grill corn according to directions above. Roll grilled corn in prepared hoisin and garnish with sliced green onions, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, if desired.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 10%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1