"Lean chicken breasts slathered with a tangy yogurt sauce provides layers of healthy flavors." Brian Scheil, Hy-Vee dietitian, Marion, IA.
Beer pairings include Pilsner, Blonde Ale and Hefeweizen.
Wine pairings include Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc and Reisling.
Servings and Ingredients
|2||large Hy-Vee boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds total)|
|4 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ tsp.||cayenne pepper|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee peach preserves|
|1 ½ tbsp.||Hy-Vee stone ground Dijon mustard|
|½||medium poblano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (3 tbsp)*|
|4||Hy-Vee Baking Stone multi-grain ciabatta rolls, split and toasted|
|½ c.||thinly sliced red onion|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee spring greens mix|
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place chicken portions in a shallow dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Combine cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper; rub on chicken. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Grease gas or charcoal grill.
- Prepare grill rack for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- For Dijon-peach sauce, in a small bowl combine yogurt, preserves and mustard. Stir in chile pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees, turning once halfway through. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice each chicken portion into thin strips and serve on ciabatta rolls with red onion, spring greens and Dijon-peach sauce.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 38g