Green Tea Shortbread
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. butter, at room temperature|
|½ c. powdered sugar|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|1 tbsp. crushed or powdered green tea leaves|
|2 c. flour|
|additional flour, for waxed paper|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat butter in a large bowl at medium speed; add sugar. Beat until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend together salt, green tea and 2 cups flour. Gradually add to butter and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Spread 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place dough on waxed paper and flatten dough slightly with hands. Turn dough over, flour lightly and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough between the two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4–inch thickness.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut cookies out with floured, shaped cookie cutters. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet with large spatula. Place 2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes; rotate baking sheet end-to-end in oven and bake another 15 minutes. Do not allow the edges to brown. Remove to cooling rack.
80 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%