Golden Potato Pancakes
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||coarsely shredded apples|
|2 ½ c.||(about 1 pound) coarsely shredded russet potatoes|
|1 tbsp.||finely chopped green onions|
|½ c.||shredded Cheddar cheese|
|syrup or applesauce, for serving|
- Beat eggs. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir in apples, potatoes, green onions and cheese.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop potato mixture by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten into 1-1/2-inch rounds. Pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Add more oil as needed.
- Serve warm with syrup or applesauce.
- TIP: To prevent darkening, place shredded apples and potatoes in a bowl of water with 1-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Drain thoroughly before using.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 10%