Gluten-Free Supreme Pizza
There's a darn good reason we call this recipe supreme.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c.||gluten-free all-purpose flour blend|
|1||(1/4 oz) pkg quick-rise active dry yeast (2-1/4 tsp)|
|1 tsp.||xanthan gum*|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk, warmed to 105 to 115 degrees|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|2 tbsp.||plus 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee select olive oil, divided|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee pizza sauce|
|¼ lbs.||bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained|
|½ c.||chopped red bell pepper|
|½ c.||chopped green bell pepper|
|½ c.||sliced fresh mushrooms|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee sliced black olives|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee shredded pizza blend cheese|
|¼ c.||sliced green onion|
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, yeast, xanthan gum, salt and sugar. Add warm milk, egg and 2 tablespoons olive oil; beat with electric mixer on low speed to combine, then on high speed for 1 minute. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet; roll out dough to a 12- or 13-inch circle.** Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If using pizza stone, preheat stone on lowest rack in oven while oven preheats; slide pizza dough and parchment onto baking stone. Or, place parchment-lined cookie sheet on middle rack of oven. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil on outer 1-inch rim of crust. Spread pizza sauce to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with cooked sausage, red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Sprinkle with green onion. Cool slightly; cut into wedges.
- *If your gluten-free all-purpose flour contains xanthan gum, cut the xanthan gum in this dough to 1/2 teaspoon.
- **If dough is too sticky to roll out, cover hand with a plastic sandwich bag lightly coated with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and pat dough evenly onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
380 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2013.