Gluten-Free Strawberry-Orange Waffle Quarters
These chocolate waffles are the complete package. Incorporating chocolate, fresh orange juice, honey, and berries, our waffles are subtly sweet and sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. sliced strawberries, tops removed|
|1 pt. raspberries|
|¼ c. orange juice, freshly squeezed|
|1 tbsp. granulated sugar|
|8 oz. mascarpone cheese|
|1 tsp. orange zest|
|2 tsp. honey|
|1 box Hy-Vee Health Market Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix|
|1 c. water|
|3 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|½ c. Hy-Vee butter, softened|
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, and orange juice in a small bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, slightly mash with a potato masher. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix together mascarpone, orange zest, and honey; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour contents of cake mix into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add water, eggs, and butter. Mix on low until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup batter and cook 1-2 minutes until set. Remove from iron; repeat with remaining batter.
- Separate each waffle into quarters. When ready to serve, top each waffle quarter with 2 teaspoons mascarpone cheese and 1 tablespoon macerated berries.
160 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 10%