Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||dry Hy-Vee Select Ruby Wild Blend rice or Hy-Vee Natural whole grain long grain brown rice|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|1 tsp.||lemon zest|
|2 tsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp.||chopped fresh dill|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee kosher sea salt, divided|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper, divided|
|1 c.||sliced summer squash|
|1 c.||sliced zucchini|
|½ c.||julienned carrot|
|2 tbsp.||chopped shallot|
|4||(6 oz each) skinless Alaskan halibut fillets|
|Lemon wedges, for serving|
- In a small saucepan, combine rice and chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Drain and set aside. For lemon-dill butter, in a medium bowl combine butter, lemon zest and juice, dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut four 12-by-14-inch sheets of parchment paper. Fold parchment in half crosswise, making a crease down the center. Draw a half of a heart shape on paper, with the heart center at the crease. Cut out heart and open the parchment; set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together squash, zucchini and carrot. Divide rice among parchment sheets, arranging on one side of each sheet in thin layer and leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Layer vegetables over rice. Sprinkle shallot over top. Top with fish and a rounded tablespoon of lemon-dill butter. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- To fold parchment, starting at the round portion of the heart, fold paper, tightly sealing edges with narrow folds. Twist the tip portion of the heart to seal.
- Place packets on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick through the parchment; it should slide through fish easily. (Do not open packets to check if food is done.)
- Carefully transfer packets to individual plates and serve immediately. Use caution because steam will release once the packets are opened. Serve with lemon wedges.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 36g
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.